Home

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Big Question: Abstract


The purpose of this inquiry is to determine whether fictional stories that focus on love and interpersonal relationships create a skewed view of the realistic expectations for long- term happiness.  Literature defines the stories to which I refer as romance novels and in television, romantic comedies, and even some dramas, fairy tales too fall into the category to which I refer. In these novels, or narratives that have been passed through generations, good characters after some trouble, come to good ends. Meanwhile, their “evil” counterparts are defeated and become miserable.   I intend to investigate the impact that “romance” novels have on the relationships, and the expectations that occur due to the avid belief in the ideas portrayed in the novels.  I intend to focus especially on the expectations that occur in the current generation. I hope to see a coloration in changes in the psychological and anthropological trends, due to the relevance of romance stories in the media.

2 comments:

  1. Romance novels leave a big impact on ages between 16-24. In this age girls and boys make an ideal and fantasize everything about life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely enjoyed every single small little bit of it. Great to see your post! I’ve you bookmarked your internet site to look at out the new stuff you post. Visit my site piknu to see more information.

    ReplyDelete