Home

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

AP Lit Term

Dialect is defined as: the language of a particular district, class or group of persons; the sounds, grammar and diction employed by people distinguished from others. 

As a person who likes old movies, I suddenly remember a movie that's all about dialect, and how it affects a person's life. I even speak differently sometimes, and say some different things because of the area of the county I'm from. Don't even get my started on the way my southern realitaves talk. (Believe it or not... Missouri isn't strictly southeren... (southeren is southern speak for southern... confused yet?) :)





Here is an example in our own country. Their way of life, and way of speaking is very different from our own, but they are still Americans. They just hunt alligators, and live in Louisiana.



1 comment:

  1. The second video...I couldn't understand a word he said! But I guess that is the beauty of dialect. For example, poinsettia. :) See how it's spelt! You can't just cut off the end of the word! It's there for a reason! Hahha. Once again though, dialect is the real culprit here. Good examples!

    ReplyDelete